Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My football following wife

I am really surprised.

For a while, Metria has chastised me for watching too much football. But come the world cup and she seems to know some stuff.

She likes the Italians and Germans. Mainly because of how the players look BUT she knows some things like:

  • She told me that Togo sacked their coach days before the tournament started
  • Was quite surprised that Trinidad and Tobago drew with Sweden
  • Shocked that Australia defeated Japan

This is all evident that she knows something about the game! How can this be? She seems to pretend that she hates the game. She has been comlaining that she is a football widow during the course of the WC.

Maybe its the magic of the world cup?

Women...they surprise you sometimes!

2 comments:

Keropok said...

Congrats Metria. Maybe blogs like yours and mine helped, Mr D!

My wife is a darling - this Friday, she's cooking dinner for me and about 6 other friends / bro-in-law / cousins while we watch the Arg V S&M and the Hol V Ivc games.

And she's learning a bit about the whole shebang already.

Sangeeta said...

Too bad the timing of the games is bad for us - first game starts at 11pm. Otherwise I will also cook a feast for Mr D and friends. As it is, I'm already in ZZZ-land before the first kick off.