Sunday, June 18, 2006

Before the Game

I am in the midst of the worlds biggest sporting event. Tonight my team plays the worlds most famous and "best" team.

It is Australia versus Brazil.

Anticipation has been building and I am now a few hours away from kick off. Realistically, I expect Oz to lose. However, I hope it is not a massive loss. A 1-0 loss would be acceptable. But if we get creamed, then it puts a lot of pressure on the team to advance to the next round.

Nonetheless, the sporting romantist within me dreams of a draw or dare I go further, a WIN.

Imagine the headlines and impact that this event will have on the world of football. Pundits were surprised that we beat Japan but that is not a major shock as if we were do get a point or 3 against the best team in the world!

For that to happen Australia needs to bring the A B & C game, hope Brazil have not warmed up and underestimate us and like an Hindi movie, suppress realism and add a bit of dish and bish to proceedings.

Oh well..........I can dream

2 comments:

Keropok said...

Good play from the Aussie's mate. If Viduka and Kewell had converted those chances, who knows.

But Kewel was being a brat confronting the ref after the game. It's behavious like this that stinks.

Vageliser said...

I have to agree that Harry was not endearing himself to people by acting like a brat. If anything he should be screaming at himself. An open goal in the 55 minute and another chance later in the match.

Poor finishing costs us a chance to be historical.

Bring on the Croatians.