Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lazy Sunday blogging

I have finally recovered from Friday mornings result between Australia and Croatia and feel it is time to blog. No talk about Australia at this time as that will come later.

Its a fairly lazy Sunday and I was supposed to take part in a football match but unfortunately we could not find a willing opponent, so that plan has been shelved. They must have heard about my goal scoring exploits and feared running against the Punjabi United Football Club (hehehe).

So instead I shall watch the Germany and Sweden match which I had recorded. The score is known but I look forward to seeing the action.

However, I was up to see the Argentina and Mexico match. I admit to being somewhat worried about the result when it stayed 1-1 but thankfully the team I have tipped to beat England in the final (although I am not sure about England making it that far) came through.

It was a sensational goal by Maxi Rodriguez who crafted a stipendous goal after chesting the ball forward to his left foot that flew over the Mexican keeper and into the top right hand corner of his goal. It was good to see a keenly fought match and the sights of Messi and Tevez playing - a sign that the Argentinian stocks will carry on to 2010.

I would include a witty comment in well known spannish but I can not think of anything apart from 'tacos' and 'speedy gonazalez'....the curse of Sundays.

But looking towards tonight match I wait to see if England are beginning to fire and will they make Ecuador their batty boys, or will we see a HUGE upset. I doubt it as the chances of Ecuador winning are as much as me growing hair back on my head!

Michael JordanThe man who made bald cool

As the match kicks of at 1am here, I shall sleep BUT instead shall wake up to see the Nandos take the Oranje people (that is Portugal and the Netherlands). That should be a heck of a match with the likes of Figo, pretty boy and overhyped C Ronaldo, RVN, Diver Robben, Van Pussie etc.

I am looking for ORANGE to be the colour of the day. The match will be hard fought with the sublime skills of many players being displayed. However the Dutch treats shall be a class above the Portugese even with the like Big Phil Scolari sterring that ship!

A great night of action for football lovers.

Now I am off to watch the Germans make sauerkraut of the Swedes!

2 comments:

Gallivanter said...

There goes the Orange, yet again. The winners of this game, England. Because the Portuguese will be ordinary without Deco and Ronaldo.

Vageliser said...

Totally agree that woih 2 Portugese suspended and Cry baby Ronaldo injured, England seems to have an easy run to the semi's. but do not doubt Big Phil