Saturday, June 17, 2006

Don't be crying for Argentina

Before the tournament me and a few mates bet a 6 pack on who we thought would be top 3 in the World Cup.

My picks were: 1. Argentina 2. England and 3. Brazil

After witnessing Argentina destroy Serbian & Montenegro 6-0, I am confident that my first choice is correct. They way they played and especially how they scored the second goal today was a wonderful display of team work and creativity.

S&M were out of sorts, two of their starting 11 defenders were ruled out before the match kicked off so their defence was not strong and out of sorts.

But being prefessionals they should keep playing. They represent their country and should play for their people.

But probs to Argentina.

My number 2 and 3 choices. Well of those I am more concerned about England. I still think that England could beat Brazil if they meet in the semi finals BUT I am not sure they will progress that far.

As for me reasons why I shall discuss that in a future post.

1 comment:

Keropok said...

When a team plays like the Argies do, you know for sure they'll be there on July 9th, inches away from the trophy.

Whether they take it home or not will depend on form and opposition on the day. Like all teams, theya are vulnerable.

But only the right opponent will unlock them.

And it will not be England. Not in a million years.