Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My LFC wish list for 2005/06

Lets talk football, no not Aussie Rules but the world game. The season will be kicking off in a few weeks and my boys at Liverpool are already in action.

Realistically, I do not think they can win the premiership but I hope they can surpass Arsenal or Manchester United a finish in the top 3. Then the following year I hope we challenge.

Now that the Scousers have won the Champions League, they will be focussing on the EPL. This is a must not for the English fans, but their fans throughout the world. I think in places like Malaysia and Singapore, they have a huge fan base. But in most parts of the world its “Man U” and there are sprinklings of support for Arsenal and Chelsea around the place.

But that last match of the previous season, the 3-3 come back, the penalty kicks, what a way for the team to win a major trophy and come back to the foray.

I am pretty excited about the signings, we got back Stevvie G and he has been on fire lately. If he keeps this up, he has to be player of the year or some major award consideration. I like some of the new players and pray we can get Figo (and lets hope they do not call him Fogi), he is one of my favourite players and although he is on the downward, the experience he will bring and the influence on players like Gonzales, Sissoko, Zenden, Stevvie, Xabi, Cisse etc will be priceless in the long run.

I also like the arrival of Crouch, a big bloke who will do wonder domestically. I reckon if he plays with Baros they will form a pretty decent combination. Baros dominates intenationally because he has the 2m giant Jan Koller along with him. Crouch could help him out the same. There has been talk about selling Baros, but I dunno. Then again, we have Cisse and Morientes as a strike force, so how strong the attack!

The new keeper Reina should stop those silly goals that Dudek let in and this way, we should grab a few more points.

This season I am not asking for much, but a significant improvement in the premiership. Time to build for a decade of championships!

Viva the Rafalution!

No comments: