Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter: The day before

Tomorow at 9.01am, Melbourne time, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, go on sale to the world. I can niot wait for it. Some may say it is funny/weird/cute/strange how a 33 year old bugger like me is getting into this book.

But I have become a huge fan. And I am curious as hell to see how this all ends up. Will Harry die? Who else will die? What secrets will it reveal.

Over the last few days the internet and news services have been buzzing about leaks, early sales and spoilers. Apparently a few bookstores in New York started selling books earlier and a few people picked it up.

The New York Times has reviewed the book (they got their hands on one of the accidently released early copies) but apparently do not give away who lives and dies. They do provide a glimpse of the happenings inthe book.

I won't read it, I will wait to read it in less than a day.

What thing that does piss me off are these clowns who want to spolit it for us. I know heaps of people are curious, but so be it.

Part of the magic of this event (and it is an event which is unlikely to occur in our lifetime again) is the vibes and feelins people will have as the line up to buy the book and the excitement theywill feel as they open the book to read this final chapter f Harry's life.

I hope people do not get it spoiled by the anti-Harry Potter people out there. Let the children and adults who have grown into the books enjoy their weekends.

I personally hope to have the book read by Sunday but it is unlikely. But I shall savour the experience.

No comments: