Thursday, July 12, 2007

July is Harry Potter Month

I am so bad at blogging right now that I even forgot my password to this!!

But with the Asian Cup on and Liverpool getting as active as a 16 year old boy in a Gentlemen's bar I thought it be a good time to blog on.

But first thing, if you happen to be a 25 plus male who remembers the Transformers cartoon then do yourself a hug favour and watch the movie. Simply awesome. The effects are so lifelike, the movie is surprisingly funny and the storyline is good. The Autobots and Decepticons have been updated and are way too cool!!

More than meets the eye here!!

Also it seems that Harry Potter is the flavour of the month now. The movie just came out and I hope to see it this weekend. looks exciting and I love to see the book come to life. Obviously it wont be an accurante copy of the book, otherwise the movie would be 6 hours long!

But the big event will be next Saturday when book seven comes out (HP and the Deathly Hollows). The big question is about who lives at the end and will Harry die.

I can understand JK Rowling thinking about killing HP, like Agatha Christie killing off Poirot, because then no one else can write stories when she dies.

But will JK face the wrath of millions of children for killing what is essentially their hero. people like my cousin Sherryn are bound to go mental.

So many questions to answer:

Is Dumbledore relaly dead?
Is Snape a bad guy?
Will Ron and Hermione get it on!!!
Will Harry shag Ginny before he carks it....whoops....wrong blog to discuss that!!

In all seriousness, we won't really know until next week.

Personally, I think Snape has not killed Dumbledore. See Proff D once mentioned that he could dissapear without people knowing. So maybe he is alive and well, setting the trap for Voldermort??? And Snape goes into the devil's lair to flush out the bad guys.

Proff D also mentions he trusts Snape implicitly, that is a pretty bold statement to make about someone who is considered dodgy by about 99.99999999% of the world. So is this his ace up his relaitvely wizard like sleeves???

Overall, I believe that Harry will have his mates om his adventure and they will assist him to get to his destiny - the final battle with Voldermort! What a chapter that will be.

The child within me wishes for Harry to beat Voldermort, grab the girl and live happily ever after next to the red haired nerdy kids of Ron and Hermoine.

Yet the artistic side in me thinks that it will a fight to the death and Harry will kill Voldermort and have to sacrifice himself to save his friends!

I have spent a lot of time thinking about what happens in the final book.

1 comment:

sherrynkb said...

Actually I REALLY hope that HARRY DIES! I really want to see something that isn't cliched... and I *whispers* sorta never really liked him since Book 5. and I would like to see people's reactions to it... which I guess makes me a little bit evil.
I think that Sirius is the one who's still alive and that Dumblydore really is d.e.a.d. (but i'm not 100% sure about that last part, becuase Snape and Dumblydore are buddies, so maybe there's an underlying magic trick)
I'll stop now before I come across anymore geekish than i am - oh and if your free, do that HP quiz on my blog, it'll be neat to see which character you are.

xx

ur talkative cousin