Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ponderings

I have always wondered about Adam and Eve.

As I am not Christian I am not very informed about what happens after these two came to the world. I know there was something about them having two sons and one killing the other. That is about it.

After that, I gather that they went forth and multiplied and we are now a planet containing 6 billion people.

Now I can explain why we have people of different colours, physical characteristics and languages because people spread forth over the world and over hundreds of years, they physical features adapted to the surrounding area they lived in and their languages evolved.

But the part between Adam and Eve to people spreading around the world is what I have always questioned.

If they were the first two people on Earth and had two sons, how did they procreate? Where did the women come from? IF Eve also had daughters, then her sons and daughters would have to get together to populate the world. Right??? After all they would be the only people in the world.

Maybe I would have the knowledge if I paid attention during conversion, I mean, Religion classes during my primary school days. But unfortunately I do not so if anyone can clear this up for me I would be most appreciative.


* * * * * * *

Hope everyone's Xmas was fun or fun filled. Melbourne certainly experienced a somewhat strange Xmas day. It actually snowed here!

You may say that Xmas equates to snow but listen up, it is summer here downunder (or that is what the rumours are). So some parts of Melbourne had a white Xmas. Unfortunately we were not so lucky, we were pelted with hail and rain.

Was pretty miserable but it was also cold, like a winters day!

We live in crazy times!

Yesterday was boxing day and that means Cricket tests and sales, the latter of which we partook in. We started out at 7am standing outside a major department store and once the doors opened we began an 8 hour shopping odyssey. I am glad to report we made it through although I was exhausted. but i out bought Metria!

YAY

3 comments:

Lily G said...

I never really thought about it. But yeah, if eve only had sons, how did they multiply?

spiller said...

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year bro!

Anonymous said...

Simple really - Abel was asexually gay. LOL. Happy New Year Mr D!