Monday, December 18, 2006

Friends

A old friend of mine from university was in town the past week and the weekend was spent entertaining him and reminiscing about the old days.

I have to really thank Metria for letting me hang out with my friend and not do a lot of things that I should have done. Guess that is my Xmas present - not that we really celebrate.

Amongst the activities we partook in was a BBQ in my back yard where he enjoyed some lamb chops i concocted and some veru spicy sausages I bought, watching the cricket, drinking, watching football, drinking and talking about the old days.

He happens to be an Arsenal loony, i mean fan so there is a bit of verbal sparring going on between us about who is the better team. I believe I should win that argument as we won a trophy last year!

There was also some frequent gossiping and yes, us guys do gossip here and there. In our case we discussed some old "friends" outlining their obscure good points while analysing (bitching) their flaws and negatives. There were a lot of laughs in the latter.

The interesting thing to note is how we have changed over the last 9 years. We are both married and well into our careers. We have a lot more responsibility on our lives now but somehow, when we are together things seems to regress to being 20 something fools again.

Above all that, the bonds of friendship will forever remain and it is good to catch up. This kind of friendship shall remain long lasting between us as we just have that kind of relationship I guess.

Good times

An enjoyable weekend for me but I feel guilty about the lack of time I spent with the missus. Still the long weekend will allow me the opportunity to make it up to her. :-)

No comments: