Thursday, September 14, 2006

The return of the Manager

After a season away from the football managing scene, I decided I needed to come back. I miss Saturday's getting together with the lads and shouting at them from the sidelines.

The latest season of our league was completed last weekend and my 'old' team finished 6th. To be honest, it was a poor effort and probably the real reason I am returning. I was not too pleased with some of the acts that were occurring within the team.

I am not blaming the guys who took over as no one really put their hand up and it fell to a couple of the lads. These guys did a commendable job but I think their lack of experience, youth and lithe size all conspired against them. I have a theory that because I am a large fella the guys are scared of me as I give the impression that I could really hurt them - but not too many get the fact that they are faster than me!

Now the focus will start shifting to the next year and next season. I do want to restore some order and also instill a different type of playing style and system. The hope here is the guys start coming to training regularly and with this training we really improve as a team.

I look forward to it and have started working on my hand gestures from the sidelines ala Rafael Benitez! I can dream!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a weekend in store for footie! Good luck against Chelsea, I hope they don't garner 3 points at Liverpool's expense.

Vageliser said...

Blardee depressed right now. Could not get it up against a 10 man Chelsea! BUGGER