Thursday, September 21, 2006

Muslims react angrily to being told they react angrily

The above title was installed in jest my friends. There is no need to be screaming "Jihad for Dev" or stuff of that sort. All in good fun!

Talking about fun, I was awoken via an SMS from a friend proclaiming the Dirk Kuyt (pronounced "Koit") had scored his first goal for the 'Pool. I got up and quickly turned on the TV.

We were lucky not to have a penalty given against us. The defense does not look as strong as they did last year but I am glad that Alonso is finally discovering his prowess and passing. But the team is starting to show some good form. Hopefully over the next few matches we start firing on all cylinders and get into contention for the Premiership!

I of course, can not go without mentioning Alonso's super goal from 65 yards out. Yeah the keeper tripped but that is why concentration is a huge element in games. He got caught out.

Nonetheless we kept a clean sheet and gained 3 points. More importantly we scored 2 goals and I was really fretting that we would have to call Alcoholics Anonymous to Anfield given the number of times the lads were hitting the bar.

Good start to the morning. Even with comments from Metria commenting "For football you can get up so early"



All hugs and smiles over at Anfield

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are a hyper-sensitive bunch (your topic header). I expected Liverpool to win 2-0 and also expected Kuyt to score. So no surprises there for me...Spurs will also be floored this weekend... :-)

Keropok said...

Dude, I love your header. I'm gonna use it (with permission, of course). It rocks, and is so true!

Well done Liverpool. Those guys need to seriously stay off the bar!

And be nice to Kuyt. He was lightning in PSV, and if handled well, could do wonders at Anfield. And for a few away games too :)

Vageliser said...

Galvinater....you are psychic!! What is thescore for Saturday?

Keropok....actually that was Metria's idea so ask her (and if u can you can add our names for inspiration). As for Kuyt, glad to see he scored. Hopefully he does well and he came from Feyenoord!

Anonymous said...

2-1 this time to Liverpool. That's what I think. :-)

Keropok said...

Well done Liverpool.
Well done Arsenal.

My early season predictions on Man Utd are starting to come through after all. Didn't I tell you that this would turn out to be another rubbish season???

Anonymous said...

Keropok, still a long way to go mate. I would rather Arsenal be in Man Utd's position right now.

Would LOVE to see Ashley Cole scoring an own goal against Arsenal...