Thursday, September 28, 2006

AFL Grand Final

Well I have recently got a promotion and now I have become a Senior Traffic Engineer. What this means is that I get paid a little more but have more responsibility and will be held accountable. I guess after 9 years in the engineering field this was bound to happen. What to do??

Guess this is a feather in the cap but now I should spend less time blogging, reading sports articles on the net and emailing friends and more time working!

Anyway, it is AFL grand final week. This year’s GF involves the 2 teams from last year – West Coast Eagles and Sydney Swans. Sadly the swannies won last year by a few points so I am hoping the result is reversed this year.

I will not get to involved in explaining Aussie Rules footy suffice to say it involves a mergement of rugby, football, grid iron with an oval shaped ball. I do not really get into the sport but coz my home town team is in I better represent.

Still I like the AFL GF as it is a big day with lots of hype and atmosphere. In a way it is a smaller scale of the Superbowl. Mainly coz we are not as big and demented as the US of bush.

My pick is for the Eagles to win, just barely and the match will be exciting! I hope I have enough energy to see the Pool match that night.

So that is that:

Talking about football – the ‘Pool did their best to drop points against Galatasaray but managed to hold on. Apparently Peter Crouch scored a super scissor kick which would be a sight to see. Good to see and I reckon my mate Rafa should consider playing him and Kuyt together.

Tomorrow if Friday…weekend nearly here..whew!

No comments: