Sunday, July 30, 2006

Selemat Datang

After all that waiting I am finally here in Malaysia sitting nicely at my in laws place. It is a great feeling to be on holiday where I can sleep in, eat, nap and eat some more. It is only the second day here and all is well.

The trip to KL from Melbourne was uneventful but 8 plus hours can be stale. I decided to sit in the window seat and give Metria the aisle seat. Big mistake as the seats are not very big and hence I felt cramped up. Eventually we switched so I could stretch out a bit but the damage may have been done so I had to get up to stretch the legs. The service on MAS was a bit poor and the stewardesses were not really switched on. An order of a drink resulted in them delivering the drink to different passengers on 2 separate occasions. But the on-demand movies and TV shows was excellent. I saw 'Glory Road' and 'King Kong' and a host of other shows.

Eventually we touched down and surprisingly we got through immigration very quickly as the airport was very quiet. I was expecting the luggage to take some time but that arrived quickly and before you knew it we were through the sliding glass doors and were enveloped in the humidity and smell that is KL.

It was great!

We met Metria's sister and off we went. It was past midnight Melbourne time and we were a bit tired yet awake with excitement of arriving here. I waned to head to the in-laws for a shower but Metria wanted to go straight to the mamak stall!

So while I decided to take it easy and have a tetarik. Metria whacked a roti canai.

It was great to be back here.

Yesterday we celebrated my ma-in-laws birthday and we went Mexican at Mezquite in Heritage Row. We had some tequila shots but after an hour the food was not out. There were only 2 other tables and we could not fathom the reason for the delay. Eventually we left and the manager bought us a round of maragaritas. The venue decor was exquisite but the service was poor. Can not comment on the food as we did not taste anything BUT we got free booze.

Eventually we went to a Chinese restaurant. I had my satay. I am happy. I love satay and this place was great coz they marinate the satay in the sauce then cook it. YUMMY. I only ate 15 sticks but trust me I could easily do 50!

All in all things have been good. The weather has not been too hot so I have been able to acclimatize well.

Seen my in-laws and am shortly going to catch up with my mum and my cousins.

All good. Tonight I shall catch up with Mr Dish Bish and later others. It is gonna be an excellent 2 weeks!

4 comments:

Keropok said...

Bloody hell Mr D... after all the nagging your Mrs gave me on your dietary restrictions, you dare say you wanna polish off 50 satays!!!???

Jokes aside... good to have you here mate. Though I can see your sense of humour going down the drain after just 18 months of marriage to Metria... the Alex Ferguson voice message was lame, brudder... :)

Vageliser said...

The fergie was crap. i dunno what accent i eneded up getting as my scotsmen is pretty good. But just like ManU it was pathetic. Good to see you yesterday!! look forward to this weekend

Gallivanter said...

Wished I could've join you @ Coffee Bean last weekend. Maybe we could meet up this weekend and talk about the weather and McLaren's continuing Eriksson's ballsup for the next 2 years. :-)

Vageliser said...

Daniel we have made some tentative plans to catch up sometime on Saturday around the time of lunchness. So little time and so much to do and family to see!!! Yes lket us discuss the higlights and comedy that McLaffin will bring to us!