Tuesday, July 18, 2006

10 more sleeps until Vacation time

Metria and I will shortly depart the cold and wet of Melbourne for the heat and humidy of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I am looking forward to the trip and am experiencing a whirlwind of emotions. One is trepidation although my tastebuds differ just thinking of a ice chendol on a hot day.


The reason for my angst and fear is that the last two trips to KL have ended the same way. Me in a PJ hospital with food poisoning, wanting to throw up and very cranky. It is not to pleasant and makes me the centre of attention in a negative way. If I am to be the centre of attention I want it to be in a positive way such as me being a clown or the satnd up comedian I see in my feeble little mind.

Still I hope I can go through this holiday and not eat any bad food. My mum-out-law has given me strict instructions that I am to eat home cooked food. But the charm of KL is the food - the mamak and hawker stalls, the SATAY..I am drooling already!
Nonetheless I hope to catch up with Keropok and Daniel Franklin Gomez and have a "bloggers meet, eat and drink". At the very least we shall argue about football and why Liverpool is better than the Arse and ManUre. Metria will be fine then she can catch up with her friends. The last time I met Keropok, I had married his friend Metria and the previous time we met, I was sick! Hopefully this time I make a good impression (what am i saying, I am a LFC fan!!)

The trip shall afford me the chance to catch up with relatives and touch base with my cousins. I come from a large family with a lot of uncles and aunties. We seriously should consider having our own section in PJ with the family members that have extended as us kids grow and get married. But is wonderful to see all my uncles, aunties and cousins and their kids. I enjoy the family feeling and it is the one thing I missed the most when I left Malaysia back in thd day.

I also hope to make a side trip to Batu Pahat and see my cousin who was recently blessed with the arrival of 2 daughters. Plus I have never been to BP and would like a look. And on the way stop at a few stalls and taste some food. But have to be cautious, must make sure it is freshly cooked and edible, otherwise my mum-out-law shall be most upset

It is time to start counting down but at the back of my mind is the dreaded office and work that needs to be done! Such a pain, you got to work your booty off to enjoy your holiday and then when you come back nothing else has been done.

ALAMAK!

But I am looking foward to sweating and breathing that air that is KL!

9 comments:

Gallivanter said...

See you soon Mr D, KL's hazy as usual. What to do, too many England supporters! Haha!

Keropok said...

Looking forward to hooking up, Mr D. Perhaps next Sunday for lunch? Daniel?

We shall head out to Khanna Curry House for a gastronomic gluttoning on fried, greasy, spicy stuff that will make the stomach feel real gooooooooood!

After that some creamy, frothy, sweet, pipping hot glass of teh tarik that will make the stomach feel real gooooooooood!

And maybe later on, if the weather is warm enough, a big bowl of cendol with brown sugar, jelly, kidney beans, peanuts, durain ice-cream and sweet pink syrup, all melted and blended together that will make the stomach feel real gooooooooooood!

Metria actually letting you out with us ah?

Vageliser said...

Sounds very tempting and we can work it out when we arrive there. As for Metria - you have to distract her keropok while I run out!! All I need to do is finish my tons of work here!

Gallivanter said...

I’m typing this at the Bangkok Airport - AirAsia flight's bloody delayed by three hours. Anyway, yup, shouldn't be a problem. I'm a regular at Kanna since my office is only a stone's throw away.... :-)

Sangeeta said...

Yeah Keropok, even Daniel knows, it's KANNA, not Khanna. Why do you like putting a H in everything?

You should have called yourself Kheropokh.

Keropok said...

H-H-How dhare yhou inshult mhee lhike thhis!

Hhhhhhh.....

Gallivanter said...

This what happens when one supports Man Utd. Hyperbolized consonants.... :-P

Sangeeta said...

Daniel, sorry, you are wrong, not all us Man Utd fans hyperbolize consonants, to use your phrase. Some of us are actually pretty normal. Kheropokh is just one of the weird ones unfortunately.

Keropok said...

Metria... you're a Man Utd fan meh?