Thursday, February 03, 2005

Wet and Slow

I must talk about the weather today, see last night we record rain fall in Melbourne with the monthly average being surpassed in less than 24 hours. Apparently, this was a 1 in 153 year storm. Glad I got that over with and now I do not have to worry about the next major rain fall. But what if there is a 1 in 160 year storm or a 1 in 200 year storm. Should I start building an arc?

There was all manner of anarchy today moreso on the roads. Normally my drive to work is 15 minutes at the MOST. Today it took me 1 and a half hours! That’s 6 times for the trip. 6 TIMES! Quite an experience to see the traffic move so slow. Should have parked the car and walked but it was cold and muggy and I was in my work clothes so it would have been very uncomfortable.

Wonder how long it will take for me to get home tonight? Or will be it be tomorrow?

No comments: