Friday, October 26, 2007

PERTH


I am back in the place that I love and grew up in - Perth, Western Australia for a few days of holidays.

Perth was the first and only port of call my family made when we arrived from Malaysia in late 1981. I have spent nearly 20 years here, I went to school, university and made my life long friends here. Although I have called Melbourne my home for the over 6 years, this place will always be dear to me.

People (especially those not from Pertrh) may ask why Perth is so special and it is hard to describe as non-Perthites find it boring and little too slow. To be truthful it can be, but this place has marvelouslly friendly people, wonderful scenery, and sensational year round weather (living in Melbourne you miss the sunny and warm evenings).

To be honest, I do not think I could come back to live here. Although I weould miss the family and some of my closest friends.

Melbourne has my new friends, my new interests and exciting opportunities. It offers me a new lease on life where I can do new and interesting things.

In Perth, you tend to sit around waiting for things to happen, whereas in Melbourne there are so many things happening you really do not know where and what to do.

It may be the most isolated capital city nthe world but in my heart it will always remain "home".

Tis good to be back.

1 comment:

sherrynkb said...

ooooo *shouts excitedly* "i've been there! i've been there!"

It was (and probably still is) awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!