Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday's pointers

Most of my mates have been telling me about how lucky we were to win the Merseyside derby (fot the uninitiated or non-Soccer fans out there, this is the Liverpool and Everton match).

I differ, simply because we deserved to win. Everyone is on about how the referee got the last second penalty wrong. Well the linesman was too hasty in calling Dirk Kuyt offside when he scored in the 12th minute. That goal may have changed the result and he match. Still no one is taking about that.

But we got the 3 vital points, a loss or draw and I see our season disappearing once again. This weekend we take on the league leaders Arsenal and a win will close things to within 3 points.

Lastly, I think it is time for Momo to go. His passing is pathetic. Yes he is a hard worker and wins a lot of the ball, but at this level and for this team, you have to be able to retain possession as well. I tell my boys in my team that their passing must improve, otherwise they are on the bench.

Other notes:

  • 2 more sleeps and then I shall hit Perth. I have not been back for nearly 2 years and last time it was not for very long. I did not get the chance to catch up with people. If I think about it, it is nearly 5 years since I really went back and caught up with people from back in the day. So looking forward to it and checking our the south-west and Little Creatures bar.
  • Ben Cousins - interesting to see what happens with him. WA Police erred here and the club sacked him. Be interesting to see what happens.
  • Kobe Bryant - word out of LA is the superstarwants out. Where, how and when...I look forward to updates.

Time to hit the hay. We lost our a side match 6-4 after leading 4-2 at half time. I feel like crap coz 2 of the goals were preventable by me!! CRAP!!

No comments: