Friday, October 06, 2006

There be 6 random facts here

Well it looks like I have been tagged and the story for today is 6 random facts about myself: So here goes.

1. I once dressed up as Austion Powers and Dr Evil and walked around Perth in the middle of the night acting as the characters.

The story here my friend Mina was having a hens night, yes hens night! Her sister , Lena, was a very good friend of mine and said we should do something to make it different and a bit more memorable. At that point in life we were a bit into the whole secret spy thing and we even had our own make belief spy agency called the “Funky Bunch” - a blog for another day maybe. So we went the whole Austin Powers side of things.

Mina did not know what was happening but she knew about the hens night. She was told to meet at this pub with another friend – the decoy. It was then that I would walk in and “kidnap” her to take her to her hens night. So I walked in to a pub which had about 100 other people sitting there when I walked in as Dr Evil. I had grey suit and a fluffy toy dog (could not find a stuffed cat). I then went about informing her that I was about to kidnap her and at that point realised that the pub had gone eerily quiet and everyone was looking at me!

Of course my friend started to laugh and I managed to keep a straight face but man, was it hard, knowing I was the centre of attention! Then I took her to the room where the rest of the girls were and left. She thought that was it for me but not so!

A few hours later, they were at a bar at a karaoke restaurant in Northbridge when Austin Powers rocked up! Yeah BABY!! (this was me this time with a wig and all the frills, glasses and stuff). I managed to camp it up a bit and everyone had a good laugh singing and partaying to Austin powers. I even got groped by other women from other bridal parties!! Good times!!

2. The only malay words I remember are swear words.

Actually, the only words I know in other languages are swear words. I will not provide examples here.

3. I was so sick that I almost did not make my own wedding reception.

True story, I got sick a few days before I left KL for Perth and I was in terrible shape. I got back home and when reception night came I barely got my clothes on and to the reception. I only stayed 45 minutes. It was terrible. Have to make it up at my sisers or brothers reception!!

4. I profess undying love to…..

Liverpool Football Club. You know it readers so I won’t write any further.


5. I met my wife on the net.

Who says you do not meet any wierdos on the net. Happened to my wife. But the weirdest thing is after we got a little serious and informed our parents we found out that her mum and my dad used to live next door to each other in PJ. So the families are happy…us on the other hand :-P

6. When I was 16 I met this wonderful 2 year old who stole my heart called Sherryn.

However we did not hit things off well and I hurt her back then,

One day I was carrying her around (this was when she let me because she was a little brat then) and she wanted to walk on the car. So I put her there and something distracted me and I turned away and next thing she fell into the window and hurt her lip. Tears erupted and she started to bawl away.

I felt terrible and was scared of telling her mum what happened. I do not think there was any or a whole lot of blood but I still fell terrible to this day about it.

But Sherryn does not remember this event so that is good!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I met my wife on the net." Now that's fantabulous. Which site la?

Keropok said...

And who said that either you or Metria AREN'T wierdos anyway? ;)

Vageliser said...

Galv..i think it was babygotbak.com

Keropok.....you speak like you are sane/cool or something. Compared to you we are the U2 to your Hanson.

Keropok said...

Alamak... like angry only??? I play-play only maa... Come I teach you more Manglish!

Vageliser said...

I was also joking as well lah. I teach you the aussie-maly way ;-P

sherrynkb said...

*gasp* shock and horror! That explains so much about the way I've turned out! I went to confirm with Mum if she punished you severely for the preposterous incident and she claims you were "really scared" and that there "wasn't much blood" I actually think its quite funny... or at least that's what I think now - I only hope you haven't been scared for life.

Anonymous said...

Mr D, you're supposed to tag people after completing your tag. I suggest you tag Keropok and insist he reveal some weird things about himself. If he doesn't, I'd be happy to reveal some (or make them up) :P

Keropok said...

Metria, please be my guest. For the life of me I can't think of anything I would care to reveal that would be of interest.

Maybe you doing the job for me would reinvigorate that sleepy blog of yours. ;)